Winter Moon Winter Moon

I read that the story of the Yuki-Onna often opened the same way. A man wishes for a wife as beautiful as the icicles hanging from his roof. A woman would then appear to him from the snow and ice of winter. The two would declare themselves married then.
It would often end one of two ways, neither would be pleasant.
The man would either ask his new wife to soak in the bath, which she would melt from the heat give off from the hot water and steam, or she would disappear when winter ends, only to return to find her husband married to someone else. She'd become furious and kill him(?)
My memory of it is a bit foggy, but that's that. :I
Oh, also, you do song covers of Erutan's music like no other.

Edge of Night (All Shall Fade) Edge of Night (All Shall Fade)

Thanks for this song, man. Lord of the Rings is always such a great thing and it's good to hear you singing again.

etherealwinds responds:

You're very welcome! I really should make the time to read the books though! Thanks for reviewing :)

Candle by the Window Candle by the Window

More excellence! Good luck with your imprisoning education, ethereal.

Black Azaleas Black Azaleas

M.I.S.S (Music Inspired Short Story): Hunting a Tune

The first time I heard that song, I was strolling through Azalea Town and preparing to take down its gym leader, but I heard a song being played out in the center of town. Curious, I followed the sounds and saw a street performer playing with a few others. I watched alongside a few of the townsfolk and asked them what they named the song. Unfortunately, they didn't know. They then told me they had heard the song from another group of performers that travelled all across the Johto region.
After defeating the gym leader in Azalea, I started searching the region for the performers. Not in Goldenrod to Ecruteak, from Violet to Olivine, and not even in the National Park could I find them. Soon, I gave up.
Eventually, I reached Blackthorn City and that's when I heard it again.
I ran as fast as I could and found a group of performers playing the song. Once again, I watched and listened beside a number of people. The music was so wonderful to listen to and it just felt so relaxing and great. When they finished, I asked them for the name of the song.
They called it "Black Azaleas."

Ecruteak City - Pokemon GS Ecruteak City - Pokemon GS

M.I.S.S (Music Inspired Short Story): Ecruteak Evening
I fought down the gym leader of Ecruteak and wandered about the city to sight see when I happened upon the towers. I asked someone of them and he told me of the legend of the towers.
"Ho-Oh and Lugia lived in two grand towers. But when one of them burned down, becoming what is today known as the Burned Tower, both flew away, never to be seen again in Ecruteak."
After looking at the towers for a bit and seeing the Kimono Girls do a show, I found a place to stay for the night. It was getting dark and I wasn't in the mood for another all-night road trip. As I lay in bed, I turned my head and peered out the window, looking out into the darkened city, past the buildings towards the Burned Tower. I soon drifted off to sleep.
Ho-Oh...
And Lugia...

Hazama Impersonation Hazama Impersonation

Wow, this is a really good impersonation of Hazama and Terumi.
My impersonation is, at best, probably best suited for a hypothetical Blazblue spin-off/OVA in which all the characters are kids and are in high school.

Orient Town Orient Town

Hm? Orient Town as in Blazblue? Or is that just what you thought would be a good title? Either way, it's great!

Omashog responds:

i have actually never played BlazBlue and now this kinda disappoints me cause i didnt know there was already something named this.. This was not intended to have any connections to Blazblue just a name i had thought of. Thank you though, i am glad you like it and i hope yo bring you more that you enjoy!

Thine Destiny Thine Destiny

This, among your other songs, is really good!

Hidden Daggers Hidden Daggers

Music-Inspired Short Story #5: Assassin

I run through the shadows, treading lightly and taking cover at even the slightest chance of being caught. I wander through the night slowly, but surely. My target will be dead before morning.
It won't be easy, but it will be done.
Through darkened halls, into separate rooms to hide from others. My knowledge of the building's structure is my greatest weapon. I know which rooms to hide in and which rooms to avoid and even a few rooms that the residents are unaware of.
You can never know too much when you're an assassin.
I know where to find my target.
Through a passage meant for a silent escape for the emperor, I make my way. I slip through the dark path and eventually reach the end. I place my hand on the wall in front of me. Wood.
I place a bomb and distance myself until it explodes, blasting the wood wall apart. I immediately dash forward past the flames and locate my target.
I don't wait, I don't hesitate, I don't even give him words of pity or empathy.
I simply slit his throat with the daggers hidden on me and use a smoke bomb to make my escape, grabbing a bottle of wine nearby. The guards believe that I ran back into the secret passage and make a futile attempt at apprehending me through it.
A window on the east end of the room left open is my angel of salvation. With my assignment complete and my target eliminated, I remove my mask and dark, concealing clothes until I am wearing nothing. I hide my clothes in the bushes nearby and take the bottle of alcohol with me, posing as a drunk.
If they find me, they won't suspect me. After all, who could suspect a mere drunk?

Japanese Dojo Japanese Dojo

I am a Ronin. Not just any Ronin, however. I am one who had single-handedly slain my former master and all those who dared to stand in my way. He was a corrupt, despicable man who treated those of lower class as if they were the scum he excreted. Taking money from the poor, kicking children down, and even slaying men and women without good reason.
He was trash. So I did what I thought was right.
Now, far from home, in the easter region of japan, a dojo resides. As I pass it by, I give it my utmost attention and decide to pay it a visit. The master of the dojo welcomes me kindly, but he knows my face. He tells me that, as unfortunate as it is, Ronin are not allowed to be taken up as students. He gives me a smile and tells me that I am free to watch the students train, however.
I took him up on it and followed him in. I feel the gazes of many students trained on me. I was recognized by the students as well.
Just as I move to seat myself against the far wall of the dojo, a young man with a bamboo sword approaches me and tells me that a Ronin has no right to be anywhere near a dojo. I remain silent, not bothering to give reaction to his words. All I want is a bit of rest before I resume my travels. He refuses to budge, however.
I look up at him and catches his condescending stare. I become curious as to how much, or how little, he knows of me. Does he not know how I became a Ronin? Is he, perhaps, the son of a lord?
As if he were answering my question, he challenges me to a duel. He seems to only know that I am a Ronin. I accept his challenge.
With a bamboo sword, borrowed from one of the students, I engage him. The surprise in his eyes are evident throughout the his endeavor. The duel is quite fleeting, only lasting for a few brief moments.
I stand the victor, while the ignorant student lies beaten upon the ground. I return the bamboo sword to the student kind enough to lend it to me and walk back to the far end of the room.
As soon as I seat myself, the master of the dojo orders the students to resume and they obediently oblige.
I have now given first-hand experience of my skill to one of them and proof of my feats upon becoming a Ronin become doubtless. They now know the honest truth.